Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Monday, February 4, 2013

Too beautiful for Earth

Dear Harper, Pheonix, Reece, Ryleigh, Cherokee, Dakota, Morgan, & Mackenzie:

     My heart aches because I will never hold you this side of heaven.  It breaks my heart to know that your brothers & sister won't know you here on Earth.  I wonder what you'd look like & what  your dreams be.  I wonder if you'd be doctors or lawyers or teachers...what your favorite food would be, would you be picky like Daddy or have super senses like me.  Yes, I wonder a lot. 
     I am so sorry if you had to suffer at all, but I'm so thankful that your first breath is in heaven, not this cruel world.  I am grateful that you have each other, so you're not alone.  I know that Chancey, Troy, & Mackenna have beautiful guardian angels watching out for them (please keep an eye out for Chancey...he will get his driver's license in a little over a month). 
     Please know that you will never be forgotten.  Your memory is in my heart forever, I love you dearly.  I think of each one of you every single day...but I'm sure you know that.  I can't wait until we are all united together for eternity.  But until then, until that sweet, sweet day, fly high.  Have a great time with your great grandmothers, your great grandfathers, & your uncle.  Mama & Daddy have many friends that are up there with you, too.  I'm sure they can all tell you some wonderful stories to keep you occupied until we can get up there.  Be sweet, my angels...until I can stroll over heaven with you.

     I love you,
     Mama

 "An Angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. And whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for Earth."


Just Those Few Weeks
For just those few weeks,
I had you to myself.
But that seems too short of a time
to be changed so profoundly.
In those few weeks,
I came to know you
and to love you.
You came to trust me with your life.
Oh, what a life I had planned for you!
Just those few weeks...
when I lost you,
I lost a lifetime of hopes,
plans, dreams and aspirations.
A slice of my future simply vanished overnight.
Just those few weeks...
It wasn't enough time to convince others
how special and important you were.
How odd, a truly unique person has recently died
and no one is mourning the passing.
Just a mere few weeks..
Yet I cry all night
over a tiny unfinished baby,
and wonder about you day after endless day.
You were just those few weeks, my little one.
You darted in and out of my life too quickly.
But it seems that's all the time you needed
to make my life richer
and to give me a small glimpse of eternity.

In memory of my angels:
Daddy, please don't look so sad.
Mama, please don't cry.
I am in the arms of Jesus
& He sings me lullabies.
Please, do not question God.
Don't think He is unkind.
Don't think He sent me to you
then changed His mind.
You see, I am a special child
& I'm needed up above.
I'm the special gift you gave Him,
the product of your love.
I'll always be there with you!
Just watch the sky at night,
find the brightest star that's gleaming...
that's my halo's brilliant light.
You'll see me in the morning frost that mists your window pane.
That's me in those summer showers.
I'll be dancing in the rain.
When you feel a little breeze,
from the gentle wind that blows,
that's ME
planting a kiss on your nose.
When you see a child playing & your heart feels a little tug,
that's me
giving your heart a BIG hug.
And that beautiful butterfly
that's me
just floating by.
That colorful rainbow in the sky
that's me
reminding you that I'm nearby.
So, Daddy, please don't look so sad,
Mama, please don't cry.
I am in the arms of Jesus
& He sings me lullabies!


Footprints
These are my footprints,
so perfect and so small.
These tiny footprints
never touched the ground at all.
Not one tiny footprint,
for now I have wings.
These tiny footprints were meant
for other things.
You will hear my tiny footprints,
in the patter of the rain.
Gentle drops like angel's tears,
of joy and not from pain.
You will see my tiny footprints,
in each butterflies' lazy dance.
I'll let you know I'm with you,
if you just give me the chance.
You will see my tiny footprints,
in the rustle of the leaves.
I will whisper names into the wind,
and call each one that grieves.
Most of all, these tiny footprints,
are found on Mommy and Daddy's hearts.
'Cause even though I'm gone now,
We'll never truly part.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment