Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

From nightmares to meetings...

     I woke up in the wee hours of the morning at the end of a nightmare.  But this wasn't just a nightmare.  This actually happened to me nearly 17 years ago.  When I woke up, my heart was broken & I felt like I had just lived it all over again.  I was hoping that if I thought good thoughts before going back to sleep that I'd dream good dreams this time.  Nope.  I dreamed it all over again.  I went back to sleep thinking that I couldn't possibly dream that again...I was wrong.

     I have been trying to shake this all morning.  I know that this happened nearly 20 years ago.  I know that it's all over & done with.  But I am just so sick about it all...so brokenhearted.

     We learned about dream interpretation in the Psychology/Sociology class I took in high school.  I learned that if you think of something that you don't usually think of during a day, you'll dream about it that night.  I know that's true...I've done it more times than I'd like to.  

     Yesterday morning, I woke up with pain in my eye, which turned out to be a stye.  Those of you who know me personally, know why looking at my eye or any eye, freaks me out.  I had to look at my eye many times yesterday & today...I've also had to do research to make sure it was a stye.  Hence the nightmares.

     Hopefully as the day progresses, my mind will forget the nightmares & I can move on.  I've tried focusing on other tasks, but it's still lingering around my brain.  It has to get better, right?!

      We meet with Chancey's math teacher after school today.  I'm hoping to receive some answers to why he's struggling so hard & why this teacher isn't doing his job.  I'm so frustrated with this man!!!!  I pray that God will put His arm around my shoulder & His hand over my mouth during this meeting.  I'm praying He gives me the wisdom I need & the words to say to make this teacher understand that he needs to do his job.

     You know, school is so much different now than back in my days.  When I was in high school, we were able to pick our schedules, classes, & teachers.  Now we did have to take certain things, like we had to have 4 years of English, to graduate.  But we could choose who our teachers were & what period we wanted that class.

      Not these days.  We had to take either 3 maths & 2 sciences or 2 maths & 3 sciences.  You had to take Biology & Physical Science, but other than that, you could take any other science you wanted to the next 2 years, or you could be done with the sciences & you could choose the type of math classes you wanted.  If you wanted a college prep seal on your diploma, you had to take Algebra I, Geometry, & Algebra II.  But if you didn't care about going to college, you could take any math you wanted as long as you had at least 2 credits.  Now, you have to take 4 maths.  They aren't divided up into Algebra, General Math, or Calculus.  It's all in one!  You have to take Math I, Math II, Math III, & Math IV.  It's required!  Let me tell you, math is NOT my strong suit.  Give me Human Anatomy all day, but math, NO!  

     Therefore I have no way to help Chancey with math.  It's all over my head.  I've heard they're changing the math classes for the class under Chancey, but that doesn't help him.  He still has to do this Math I-IV course & this mama isn't happy about that!  Not to mention this teacher will not return my emails, notes, or calls.  My husband had to go to the vice principal to get his attention.  

     I try to be understanding.  I realize that my son isn't this teacher's only student & Chancey's class isn't the only class he teaches.  But I've never had a problem out of any other of his teachers at this school.  They are all very nice, very helpful, & punctual when it comes to getting back with me.  This guy, he won't respond at all.  I'm hoping this meeting makes him realize that coaching football isn't his only job at school.  

     I hope this meeting helps.  I pray that God helps us get through this second semester so we NEVER have this teacher AGAIN!  And Lord, please help control my husband's temper...he doesn't have a very long fuse, you know.  :)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment