Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 7

     As I am sure you know, our Buddy Walk was today.  We went in to celebrate our Troy & honor my sweet Princess, Iris.  We sported our Troy's Trekkers shirts with our DS awareness ribbons & purple ribbons along side them in memory of Iris.  Troy was having a ball!  He was chasing the pigeons & playing ball, playing on the slide, & eating like a little pig.  The DJ started to talk, welcoming every one, kicking off the event, the most beautiful butterfly came right up to us (during the singing of the national anthem).  She lingered around for a little while, making her presence known.  Tears filled my eyes, because I knew who that beautiful little butterfly was.  My heart immediately filled with joy.  :')  Thank you, Princess...that just made the whole team's day.  As long as we are here, your memory will always be alive.  We love you & I can't wait to see that gorgeous face one day.  
     Not 5 minutes after the appearance of our precious butterfly, we saw little Kylie Grace's family.  Yep, the tears flowed yet again.  I was so proud (as I am of Stephanie, Anne, & team Nugget) of them for coming.  As we went to line up for the walk, it was announced that her family would be leading this year's Walk.  Yeah, you guessed it...tears again.
     We want to thank everyone who came to the Buddy Walk to support our little T-boy.  It means the world to know that he's so loved!  We also want to thank everyone who wasn't able to make it to the walk, but still donated to Troy's Trekkers!  It was a fantastic year, as always.  We hope to make 2013 even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment