Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 24

     I was having a bad morning.  Well, not a bad morning, just having bad things happen.  A lot of bad things, but I was trying not to let them get to me.  I did the only thing I knew to do to turn things around...I prayed.  About 10 minutes later, my phone rang.  It was the publisher of Atlanta Parent magazine.  She told me that my son is a finalist (along with 3 other children) for the cover of their magazine!  He is to go to a photo shoot on Monday afternoon!  His picture & a write up about him will be featured in their November issue.  If he wins, he'll be on the cover of that issue, too!  Talk about God intervening! 

     I know this isn't a nationwide publication, but it's something.  Something that can get a positive word out about Down syndrome.  I'm so happy for him!  What an awesome opportunity this is!  Who knows what doors this will open?!  Who knows how many hearts he can change by doing this?!  What a fantastic way to wrap up Down Syndrome Awareness Month!!!

     So be on the lookout for my superstar! 







No comments:

Post a Comment