Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 17

It has been one AWFUL day.  But I am constantly reminded that it could be worse, so I count my blessings regardless.  Therefore, I thought that this passage might encourage someone who is also having a horrible day.
"How often has it happened- an acquaintance hears your story or sees your child & says, "I'm not as strong as you. I could never deal with all the things you deal with." And you shake your head modestly, and brush it off, and maybe even feel a little condescended. But you know what? They're right. You are strong. You are facing things that the average parent doesn't even want to imagine, and you are handling them. Whether you were strong to begin with or had strength thrust upon you by necessity, you are one strong parent, one strong person. Your family needs that strength, your children thrive on it. You may wish you never had to be so strong, but appreciate that strength now. It makes you special; capable. A force to be reckoned with."

No comments:

Post a Comment