Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Thursday, August 23, 2012

It's that time!

     It's that time of the year again!  Time for the annual Buddy Walk of Atlanta.  This year's event will be held on Sunday (I know...Sundays are hard, we wish it were held on Saturday), October 7, 2012 at Centennial Olympic Park from 1-5 p.m.  We will be walking in team Troy's Trekkers, in honor of Troy.  This year, our Walk will be a little harder for us.  We'll be missing some team members (my sister, her husband, & my nephew will all be absent because my little niece, Jordyn, is scheduled to arrive on 10/4) & remembering beautiful Iris & the other precious little blessings that were taken back to Heaven since our last walk.  [In Iris' memory, we will be wearing a purple ribbon beside our Down syndrome awareness ribbon.]  But, on a positive note, this year we also have a new member to Troy's Trekkers:  MACKENNA!
     Please consider joining us on team Troy's Trekkers.  If you can not join us, won't you make a donation to help us reach our goal?  Any amount will be greatly appreciated from $1 to $1,000,000.  :)  Every dollar raised goes to the DSAA (Down Syndrome Association of Atlanta) & is 100% tax deductible.  I want team Troy's Trekkers to be the largest it has ever been this year.  Yes, I know, I bug you to death about this on facebook, through email, or every time I see you.  But, this is for a great cause & I'd like for Troy to know how much he is loved & supported.  So if he has impacted your life in any positive way, please help us!  If you need more information, let me know!  Here's the link to our team page website:  www.dsaatl.org/participant/troystrekkers
    Thank you & may God bless you & your family!  GO TROY'S TREKKERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment