Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Thursday, August 2, 2012

As for me & my house, we will eat Chick-fil-A & love those who are gay!

     Okay.  I've tried so hard to stay out of this whole fiasco, but I feel like it's time to speak up.  Here's how I see it.
     I am a Christian.  Have been since February of 2005.  I read & believe whole heartedly in The Holy Bible.  The word of God tells us that being gay is a sin.  It also tells us that judging others is a sin, that is to be left up to God.  It tells us to love thy neighbor...it doesn't say unless to love thy neighbor unless they're gay. 
     I have a dear friend who is gay.  She is very near & dear to my heart.  As a matter of fact, she was the first person I told that I was pregnant (after telling Mack, Chancey, & Troy).  She checks in on me & my family constantly...even more than my own family most of the time.  She prays for us (yes, she prays...she belives in God), she is texting me all of the time checking in on me...even when she's hurting.  Can I just shut her out of my life because of her choice?  Someone who loves me & my family unconditionally?  I think not!  Have I told her that being gay is against God's word?  You bet I have.  She knows, she understands.  Is it right of me to judge her, to say "oh, I'm sorry. I can't be your friend because you are a sinner?"  Oh, that's right, we're ALL sinners.  If you look in The Holy Bible, the book of John, chapter 8, verse 7, you'll read: "He who hath no sin, cast the first stone."
     Now, here's the jaw dropper.  I ate at Chick-fil-A yesterday!  Why?  Because I share their values.  You walk in my house.  Look to the right on the wall.  You'll see a sign that says. "As for me & my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15.  Every time I have been to Chick-fil-A, I've been treated with the utmost respect & dignity.  There employees are very friendly & eager to serve, just as Jesus was.  I think back to one Saturday last year.  My husband had to work, so Chancey, Troy, & I went to Chick-fil-A for breakfast.  I ordered & reached in my wallet to pay.  My debit card wasn't in there...it was on the computer desk at home.  I never carry cash.  I was mortified.  I looked at the cashier & apologized.  I told her that I had accidentally left my debit card at home, I'd have to go home & come back, & I apologized again for the inconvenience.  With a smile on her face she tells me "No, ma'am...do not worry about it. Your meal is on us. No one leaves here hungry."  Now, how many restaurants would do that?  Exactly, none.  So, I ate there yesterday, to show my support.  Not to say that I disagree with people who are gay.  Not to say anything but thank you.  Thank you for keeping your Christian values.  The values that say "do not judge" even though they are being judged for keeping & proudly stating those values.  Thank you for feeding my family when I had no way to pay.  Thank you for being closed on Sundays so your employees can attend church.  Thank you for being so courteous every time I come in. 
     Did I post all over my facebook page that I was going there or that I went there to eat?  Nah.  Because I'm not trying to start any kind of debate or hurt any one.  I didn't want to express my opinion because not very many people share my beliefs on this.  Not very many people understand that I am a Christian & I do not hate people who are gay...or who are disabled...or are poor, rich, non believers, etc..the list goes on & on.  I believe that you should hate the sin not the sinner.  If we hated the sinner, we'd hate everyone, including ourselves.  Here lately people are either anti-gay or anti-Christian.  They choose sides instead of being in the middle.  So, you see, as for me & my house, we will eat Chick-fil-A & love those who are gay!  Because to me, it's not right to do anything different...if I did, I'd be a hypocrite.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment