Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Thursday, June 7, 2012

What are your thoughts?

     As I was reading the posts on facebook this morning, I came across one that I had to comment on.  Someone posted that it sickened her to read some of her friend's posts about the love of their lives being their spouse/boyfriend instead of their kids.  This was my comment to her: "Sorry, but I disagree. Without the love between you & your spouse, the children wouldn't exist. Plus, it tells us in the Bible that you are to love #1 God, #2 your spouse, #3 your kids. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids more than life itself...but one day your kids will be grown & will have kids of their own & all that's left in the house will be you & your spouse. :) "  Then she & a friend of hers began to bash me saying that I'm insane & to go bury a child first, then report back to her.  I was simply telling her the will of God, which is how we should all be living, & I get disrespected in such a manner!  I was floored...still am.  I love my husband & I love our kids.  Can't say that I love my husband more than my kids or vice versa because to me, it's a different kind of love.  I love Mack more than any man on this Earth...always have, always will,  I love Chancey, Troy, Mackenna, & our angels more than any other children on Earth & in Heaven...always have, always will.  I put their needs before any one's on Earth, even mine...that's they way I think God wants it to be.  The way I see it is this.  The love between my husband & I created these beautiful children, without our love, we wouldn't have these 3 perfect children.  Our kids are a part of him & me, equally.  One day, these kids will grow up, go to college, get married, & have kids of their own.  Which will leave me & my husband at home, with each other...no kids.  If we allow our kids to be first, what will we do when they leave?  Who am I to question God's word?  No, there's not a verse that tells us point blank "God first, spouse second, kids third" but if you've read the Bible, you can get it out of the text.  God was first.  He created man.  He created woman for man so he wouldn't be alone.  Then man & woman created children.  So, "God first, spouse second, kids third."  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it.  What are your thoughts? 

3 comments:

  1. I so agree!! just wished my husband would see that more of the time. Don't get me wrong he loves and does things in his own way. He needs God, too. That is our major problem..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! I'll keep your husband in my prayers...that he seeks God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you, Kelli. I thought you made such a good point that I had to read this to David. He totally agrees with you too! Maybe the person who posted that status isn't happy with her marriage and her kids are all she has to make her happy? I could see how someone who maybe is an unbeliever (not saying she is or isn't because I don't know) and who isn't happy with their marriage (for whatever reason) would put their children before all else because they have nothing else to truly make them happy. I'm not sure what situation your friend is in, but that is just a little of my input on something that could maybe be the case. Those are just my thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete