Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Friday, January 6, 2012

Soap box for today!

I posted this quote as my status earlier today:  "If someone wants to be a part of your life they’ll make an effort to be in it. So don’t bother reserving a space in your heart for someone who doesn’t make an effort to stay. Remember, there comes a point where you have to realize that you’ll never be good enough for some people, but that’s not your problem, it's their's!"  How true is that?  I'm sure we all have people in our lives who fit this quote.  It's sad, but true.  When we all grow up & have families of our own, it's hard to spread yourself thin, but when you truly love & care for someone, you make it happen!  I mean, really, how hard is it to pick up a phone & call someone to let them know you are thinking about & love them?  How hard is it to show your appreciation when you are thankful for someone in your life?  Do you realize that we aren't promised another breath, so maybe you should tell the people that you love, that you do love & appreciate them?  Some people just don't get that, or perhaps they just don't care.  Some people write others out of their lives because of an argument or a misunderstanding, but that's not what God wants us to do.  God wants us to forgive & forget...to move on, not to dwell on something that happened in the past.  I realize that it's hard to do that, sometimes it seems impossible.  But if you humbly ask God for help, he'll help you.  I've been hurt A LOT in my past & I'll be hurt again...but I have to realize that I've hurt people also.  It's like Jesus said in John 8:7 "He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone."  Since I know that I have wronged others, I can't condemn them when they wrong me.  Feelings get hurt, people do things to make us angry.  That's a part of life.  We have to learn to move on.  HOWEVER, there comes a time in our life when certain people thrive on hurting us, then we have to make a decision.  Do I put myself in the position, yet AGAIN, to be hurt, mocked, ridiculed, degraded?  Is the relationship worth all of this?  Do I put my children in this situation?  It's times like this when we go to God & let him handle it.  That's what I'm doing.  I can't deal with certain people, their attitudes, their hypocrisies, their broken promises ANY LONGER.  I've let go & I'm letting God handle the situation & them.  Now, with that said, I have to say that God has blessed me with the best husband in the world & 2 (fixing to be 3) perfect children.  They make me happier than I could ever imagine being.  Have we had the perfect journey down an impeccable street of gold?  No way, not by any means.  But we truly love each other & God has helped us through each & every obstacle that we've faced.  I thank God at least twice a day for giving me Mack, Chancey, Troy, & soon to be, Mackenna.  They make me complete & I couldn't possibly imagine my life without any one of them.  I know, I'm rambling.  The moral of my soap box is this:  if you're feelings have been hurt by someone, call them up...ask them if you can come over to chat, then talk through the hurt.  If that doesn't work, ask God to intervene.  He'll give you the correct solution to the problem.  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment