Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Friday, January 20, 2012

He's not different, he's PERFECT!

I've been trying to post a video of Troy all day, but for some reason, I can't get it to post.  UGH...I'm going to try to post it to facebook.  Any way, here's what's on my mind today.  I posted a picture of my Troy from early this morning & a friend of mine commented on it. The comment said "he should be a model!" It must be the pregnancy hormones, because I teared up a bit. I thought to myself, "I guess some people do see him the way I see him...PERFECT! So why is it that some people only see that he's different?" I just warms my soul to know that there are some people in this world who see Troy as a handsome boy, not as a child with Down syndrome. We are so proud of each & every one of his accomplishments, each one of his milestones seems a little sweeter because we have to work toward those goals. He's one smart cookie & catches on pretty fast, but he does have to work a tad harder to achieve his goals & milestones. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm glad that others see the same beauty as I see. And the ones who only see the "differences" are the ones who are wrong, they are the ones who are missing out on God's PERFECT creation while the people who see through His eyes, are witnessing a miracle! Thank you, Kasey, for warming my heart today & for opening my eyes just a little wider. :) ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment