Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Are you kidding me?

    It just upsets me to the core that people with Down syndrome & any other type of disability are typically denied for organ transplants.  Seriously...are you kidding me?  In other words, just because my son has an extra chromosome, he doesn't qualify for a life saving transplant based solely on that?  Just let me say that my son is a very bright little boy.  He understands more than you think he does...he catches on just as fast as a child without DS does.  He's verbal & can tell you what he wants or needs.  He loves those who show him love.  He deserves a chance at life.  I suppose the people who are making these decisions have never loved someone with a "diffability" or else they couldn't possibly deny them life.  And I can assure you that they don't have a child with DS or another type of disability, or they couldn't refuse them this life saving operation!  I am an organ donor, have been since I was able to be one...I've always believed in this life saving act.  However, I'd like to put a stipulation on my organ donation.  I want my organs to be offered to a person with DS or any type of "diffability" first.  I know that a person with DS would know how to use my heart...they have the best souls in the world.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment