Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

1/18/12

     It has been a whirlwind of a week, that's for sure!  On Monday, I started having contractions...not just the Braxton Hicks that I've been having for weeks now, but real contractions!  I had 6 in a 40-45 minutre period & I began to panic!  My doctor said that I was dehydrated, over-exerted, & not eating enough.  He put me on bed rest (thank God he didn't put me in the hospital) & told me to drink about a gallon of water a day.  This is killing me!  Phew...I can't stand laying in the bed or on the loveseat, while everyone else caters to me.  I just don't like it.  I hate not being able to get up & wash the dishes or do the laundry, or cook supper for my family...it just sucks!  But, I am & will be forever grateful to my wonderful family, who stepped in & stepped up to help me out.  It means the world to me that I have such fabulous, caring people by my side to help out.  My husband has been working a full time job, then coming home to tend to Troy & me, all while having to cook & clean.  My mother in law has been coming over to do our laundry & helping me out with Troy while Mack is at work.  Troy, however, doesn't understand that Mama has to lay down & that I can't get up & play with him like usual.  But hopefully this will all cease soon & I can go back to doing my job as a wife & mother.  I'm not due until 4/27, but my doctor is taking her early because of my blood clotting disorder & the complications I'm having, so we don't know when she's coming...but we do know that he'll take her as soon as he can.  So right now, I'm just praying that she can stay inside my tummy long enough to be born perfectly healthy.  And if you're a praying person, please keep me in your prayers.
     Brag moment:  Chancey did so well on his report card & we're just so proud of him!  He had all As & Bs, 1 C in math, but it was a 78%, so it was ALMOST a B.  Math is a hard subject, so I don't give him grief about that...I just hope he can bring it up to a B this 9 weeks.  He is also taking a college course as his elective this year.  It's called Intro to Healthcare Sciences/Medical Terminology.  He has a 98% in that class!  I'm just beyond proud of him!  He wants to go to Vanderbilt University once he graduates to become either a doctor or a RN.  Yep, that's MY boy!  :)  Troy has just blown me away with his intelligence & vocabulary.  He remembers things that make you sit back in awe.  Like the other day.  We were at Kroger, buying some groceries, & we needed some gas in my car.  So, Mack pulls over to the pump & gets out.  Troy looked outside & said, "Daddy gas."  He remembered, from back in December, when we were at the gas station & Mack was pumping gas...he kept saying "Daddy, Daddy," so I told him that Daddy was right there, he just had to get some gas.  Now, just how awesome is that?  He's saying 2-4 word phrases now & I can't count how many words he can say.  He can also do a task if you tell him to.  For example:  If I need his sippy cup, I'll ask him, "Bring Mama your cup, please," & he'll bring it to me.  :)  Also, he got a travel sized Magna-Doodle for Christmas & he wants us to draw on it all of the time.  Now, I must admit that no one in our family are artists by any means...Lord help me, I can't draw a thing.  But Troy knows exactly what you're drawing & he'll tell you right quick like.  It just amazes me.  Both of my kids just amaze me beyond belief.  Chancey is so intelligent, well mannered, handsome, & just plain out wonderful.  Troy is also intelligent, handsome, determined, & he's learning his manners.  I just can't wait to add our little Mackenna to the mix.  I know, I'm simply blessed beyond measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment