Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Monday, October 3, 2011

DS Awarness month fact #3

   About 1 in 800 babies is born with Down syndrome. Though popular belief is that babies with it are born mostly to older mothers, in fact 80% of these babies are born to mothers under age 35.  Did you also know that 90% of parents who receive the prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome terminate the pregnancy?  That's why you rarely see people with Down syndrome.  :(  But in my opinion, people who are chosen by God to be their parents are blessed (yes, I said blessed) to be given these spectacular children.  Personally, my son has taught me more than I've taught him during these short 2 1/2 years.  During this month of awareness, please educate yourselves & your loved ones on the true facts about Down syndrome, not the myths or hear say.  If there's something you want to know or are unclear about, just ask me.  I'll be glad to answer any questions.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment