Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Friday, August 5, 2011

Thank you, Lord

Everyday be thankful for what you have & who you are!
Even though or breakfast table never looks like the picture in magazines & the menu is at times unbalanced...thank you, Lord, for the food we have.  There are many who are hungry.
Even though I clutch my blanket & growl when the alarm clock rings...thank you, Lord, that I can hear.  There are many who are deaf.
Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light as long as possible...thank you, Lord, that I can see.  There are many who are blind.
Even though I huddle in my bed & put off rising...thank you, Lord, that I have the strength to rise.  There are many who are bedridden.
Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when the socks are lost, toast is burned, tempers are short, & my children are so grumpy...thank you, Lord, for my family.  There are many who are lonely.
Even though my husband works a lot of hours & many weekends...thank you, Lord, that he has a job.  There are many who are unemployed.
In every situation that life brings, keep this verse in your mind:  "I will bless the Lord at ALL times:  his praise shall continually be in my mouth."  ~Psalm 34:1

No comments:

Post a Comment