Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pride & Events

     Last weekend, we were in a restaurant having dinner.  I noticed a lady kept glancing over at us with a HUGE smile on her face.  I just figured that she noticed that Troy has Down syndrome.  No one ever stares or approaches us unless they have some one near & dear to them with DS.  I would politely smile back & thought nothing of it.  But as we went to leave, she stopped me.  Mack had went ahead of me to pay the check while Troy & I lingered behind so he could walk while holding my hand.  She gently touched me on the back & said, "Ma'am, I just have to tell you that I think you have the most amazing boys, they're well behaved, & you're a obviously a fantastic mother.  God has really blessed you."  I told her that I appreciated her kind words & that I know God has blessed me beyond measure.  I don't know what brought her to say that to me, but sometimes it's nice to know that other people can see how God is working in your life.  I wasn't boasting with pride for myself, but pride for my boys.  It's a rare occurance when a teenage boy & a toddler is complimented for impeccable behavior, especially at a restaurant.  Just warms your soul, you know.
     I'm so excited that we have the Spring Social with the DSAA (Down Syndrome Association of Atlanta) this Saturday!  We always look forward to this wonderful event & this year Troy will understand what the animals are & he can enjoy the experience.  I found out today that DSAA at Turner Field will be on June 18th.  It'll be the Braves vs. Rangers...anyone got a Rangers shirt I can borrow (LOL)?  Then I also found out that this year's Buddy Walk will be on October 9th at Centennial Olympic Park.  I hope Troy's Trekkers will have a lot of team members this year walking for my Troy & all of those that I love that's affected by Down syndrome.  I am saving aluminum cans & I hope to have a yard sale this spring...all of the proceeds will go to the Down Syndrome Association of Atlanta for the Buddy Walk.  This is a cause that's near & dear to my heart, so if you want to contribute in any way, let me know.  I'll be posting my website later in the year (on here & on facebook) so be sure to check it out.  ~Oh, almost forgot.  I accidentally sent out invitations to the Buddy Walk to my entire friends list, so if you received one & you're not in GA, I'M SORRY!  It's hard to use the computer when Troy's awake, he wants to play too!  :)
     In case I don't blog again this week, I hope you have a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY & God bless!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment