Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The decision

At 1:15 p.m., I could not bear to wait any longer.  So just after putting Troy down for his nap, I called the cardiologist for the results of the conference yesterday.  He was at the hospital & the nurse was at lunch.  So the receptionist said that she'd have him call me as soon as he came back in the door.  Then less than 30 minutes later, my phone rang.  It was Troy's cardiologist.  He apologized for the delay in calling, but there was an emergency at the NICU...which I completely understand.  He said that during conference, the team reviews all of the previous echo cardiograms in addition to the current echo cardiogram.  They measured the pressure in his tricuspid valve & it was unchanged from his last visit in February.  It was unchanged!  So this means NO SURGERY!  No intervention what so ever!  He can go back to taking his Lasix twice a day & has no restrictions (we had to stop PT).  Oh, what a relief!  I cried tears of pure joy & spent about 2 hours just praising the Lord & telling the devil to step off, to leave my son alone!  I also asked God to bless each & every person that has prayed for Troy, for without you all, I know this would've been impossible (I would've posted this earlier, but I wanted to tell Mack first)!  I KNOW that God stopped the devil right in his tracks...God told the devil that Troy belongs to Him, to back off!  I know that all of your prayers & the prayers of our families, our church family, & even acquaintances made this possible.  If you've ever doubted the power of God, this should be your affirmation that miracles can & do happen, if you ask & believe.  I thank you for your prayers, support, & concern.  Your prayers put a hedge of protection around my Troy!  Together we stood strong & firm & defeated the devil, but the battle is not over.    Please keep Troy in your prayers & may God bless each & every one of you!   

Matthew 21:22 "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."  NKJV
Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you will receive them, and you shall have them." NKJV
Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment