Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Another miracle

"Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make them well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective."  ~James 5:13-16 NIV
We had Troy anointed at church on Sunday & we found out on Tuesday that an inevitable heart surgery was no longer needed.  No intervention was needed because his heart remains unchanged from his last surgery!    Some people may argue that it was the doctor's error, that a mistake was made.  But to me & my family, this is a miracle from God.  Not only was Troy anointed at church, but he had a lot of people praying for him.  The bible says "For where two or three come together in My name, there am I with them.  ~Matthew 18:20 NIV 
Troy heart is not healed, let me make that clear.  He still has tricuspid stenosis, but he doesn't need to have surgery right now.  (Tricuspid stenosis is a narrowing or blockage of the tricuspid valve. The tricuspid valve regulates the blood flow from the heart's upper-right chamber [the right atrium] to the lower-right chamber [the right ventricle]. Tricuspid stenosis causes the right atrium to become enlarged, while the right ventricle does not get enough blood.  Symptoms of tricuspid stenosis are fatigue and the pain of an enlarged liver.)  He still has to take Lasix (a diuretic) twice a day to prevent fluid build up from congestive heart failure.  His liver is still distended & swollen.  The pressure gradient in his tricuspid valve is supposed to be at zero, his is at 8.  The lower the number the better.  When he had to be rushed to CHOA @ Egleston in December & have emergency surgery the following day, his pressure was at 16.  If he would grow then his heart would grow, which is what we need.  But it's hard for him to grow when he's taking Lasix twice a day.  It's hard to want to eat when your liver is swollen. 
Please just keep him in your prayers.  If his condition worsens, he'll need surgery.  They'll either do the valvuloplasty again or he'll begin on another journey, valve replacement.  If he has the valve replacement, he'll have to have the artificial valve replaced again every 2 years until he stops growing & every 10 years after that.  So if he has to have the valve replacement at the age of 3 & he lives to be 100, he'll have to have open heart surgery 17 more times.  :(  This miracle is proof that God is hearing each & every prayer...I can never repay you for your prayers, but I can pay it forward.  May God bless you beyond measure. ♥  I've witnessed another miracle, so have you.  So if you're going through some type of tribulation, give it to God.  Ask for prayers.  God will answer your cries & the prayers of others.  I'll be glad to pray for you or anyone who needs prayer.  I know first hand that God works in the lives of those who believe & ask for help.  I've witnessed so many miracles in my short 35 years...God may not give you the answer you seek, but the answer He gives you may just be better than what you asked Him for.  "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."   ~Isaiah 41:10 NIV.  Which reminds me of a quote, "God never closes one door without opening another, but sometimes He makes us wait in the hallway."

No comments:

Post a Comment