Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Monday, April 18, 2011

My very own forever four leaf clover!

     When I look at Troy, I am reminded of a four leaf clover.  Picture in your mind a four leaf clover, then picture my son.  Do you see what I see?  Both are perfectly beautiful, yet rare.  They have just a little something extra that makes them unique.  Seeing them brings joy, excitement, & pride to our lives.  God put them both here to make our surroundings more spectacular & extraordinary!  The only difference is that many people DO see the beauty in a four leaf clover, but fail to see the same beauty in people with Down syndrome.  The extra leaf is a symbol of luck, while the extra chromosome is viewed as an imperfection & bad luck or as a curse.  Many people search for the four leaf clover & when they find it, they're showing it off & so proud of their finding.  But when we're blessed with that "something extra" in a person, we tend to look at it as something unwanted.  I'm proud of that extra chromosome that Troy was blessed with...it makes him who he is!  I see it like this:  God searched all over Heaven to create a flawless four leaf clover to give to me & I know that I'm the lucky one!  He gave me my very own forever four leaf clover!  So when you see someone with Down syndrome or a four leaf clover, remember that the something extra is what makes it completely perfect.  After all, God doesn't make mistakes! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment