Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Thursday, March 31, 2011

My family

     Troy continues to amaze me each & every day!  He has been standing up all by himself for a week now.  The more he does it, the longer he stands.  We've been trying to get him to take steps to us after he's standing & we've had some success.  But last night, he stood up & walked right to his daddy with out even being asked to.  He took 5 steps!  I know, I know, he's still got a way to go to be classified a "walker", but he's getting there!  I sure will be glad when he has mastered walking because over the past week, he has cracked his face on the coffee table several times.  He is also talking more & his words are more understandable.  Just yesterday, I was folding socks & he came up to me.  He loves to take the socks out of the laundry basket & then put them back in.  So I told him, "Troy, that's a sock."  He looked at it & said, "sock."  It was just as clear as a bell...SOCK!  There are some things he just can't say right now, but I'm confident that he'll be talking up a storm pretty soon.  His PT is bringing in a ST for a coaching visit during her next session on 4/14...I can't wait!  I'm hoping for some pointers on how to teach him better.  On another note, I am so anxious about the next step with Babies Can't Wait.  When he turns 3 (in just over 9 months), he will be discharged from BCW & must receive his therapy from our local school system.  I am very uneasy about that because he doesn't like strangers AT ALL!  He doesn't like other children either.  I know he needs to interact with others, but he's not in to it at all.  Even if he knows you & hasn't seen you in a few days & you approach him, he turns away, clings to me (or his daddy or Chancey), & grunts.  Hopefully he'll do a 360 & by the time he's 3 & he'll have changed his attitude about other people.  If not, I will have to seriously consider our options.
    We had a meeting at Chancey's new school on Monday.  He'll be a freshman this summer so we went to learn about the rules at JHS & to approve his tentative schedule for the '11-'12 school year.  They want you to know what you want to do when you graduate before you start high school.  Well, that's easy.  Chancey has known that since he was a little kid.  And now I know that God has lead us to this school because it is the only school in the county to offer this program.  :)  Chancey is out of school next week for spring break.  He can't wait to be off for 9 days straight, & to tell you the truth, I can't either!  I'll have both of my boys at home with me all day!  He only has one baseball game during that time & it's in the afternoon next Saturday.  I wish we could take off on a little vacation, but that's out of the question.  Mack has to work because his new supervisor has that week off...plus he needs to save as many days as possible in case Troy needs surgery, or I need surgery.   
     Phew!  I woke up this morning feeling so sick & in some serious pain!  I'm praying that it will subside soon because I have to go first thing in the morning to Emory Midtown to have my MRI.  I am terrified beyond belief & have dreaded tomorrow all week long.  I bet you're thinking, a MRI...no big deal.  But I am SEVERELY CLAUSTROPHOBIC!  I have to be sedated just to do a CT scan.  I had to have an open MRI last year & my doctor gave me a Valium before the scan & I couldn't even do that.  How in the world am I going to do a regular MRI?  (I have to have the regular MRI because it's a much better picture.)  They are going to sedate me for it.  I hope they have enough sedation to put down an elephant because it'll take that to get me in that machine.  I just hope they are prepared for that because one shot of Versed isn't going to do the trick, they are going to have to put me OUT for the 30 minutes it takes to do the scan.  And I mean OUT because if I open my eyes & can see that I am trapped in that machine I will freak out.  I know that I need the scan done, but I can't overcome this claustrophobia...I have tried.  I am also the hardest person to get an IV in or blood out of, so I am dreading getting stuck a dozen times.  I don't want to waste any one's time either...Mack is having to get off work at 5:00 a.m. just to take me down there & someone may need the MRI worse than I do & I'm taking their slot.  So I really hope, & have been in much prayer, that I'm able to do this.  And I am hoping that if I have to have surgery that it can wait until mid July when Mack can be off of work.  The good thing is this doctor doesn't make me wait until my next appointment to find out the results of the MRI, I can call Monday morning & the nurse will tell me the outcome.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment