Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10/26/10

It's my job to show my kids what true, unconditional love is.  I think that I AM showing them what LOVE is..at least I think I am, I could be wrong.  But to me love is defined like this:  an intense emotion of affection, warmth, fondness, and regard towards a person or thing.  Love is going to ball games, even when you have no clue what is going on... or even if you don't particularly like the sport, just to show your support for them.  Love is going to a social function an hour and a half away just to show your support for them...even though they're too small to know that the hoopla is for them.   Love is driving 80 miles round trip everyday for 9 months just to see a dying woman's smile, just to "look at her."  Love is calling to see what the doctor said at your appointment...or going with you to that appointment.  Love is accepting someone's disability & helping them to overcome it.  Love is being an advocate, a teacher, provider, nurse, & strength.  Love is being someone's voice when they can't speak.  Love is wrapping your arms around them to say what words can't.  Love is acceptance, love is understanding.  Love is looking at someone & feeling their soul.  Love is helping someone up when they're down.  Love is honest, love is pure.  Love is looking at my husband & our boys & feeling pure joy & love back in return.  Love is being patient, kind, & a shoulder to lean on.  Love is giving without expecting anything in return.  Love is putting others before yourself.  Love is knowing that someone has special needs & that they NEED to see you quite often in order to KNOW you.  Love is feeling safe in someone's arms, a feeling of comfort.  Love is that warm, fuzy, butterfly feeling in your soul when they walk in the door or when you hear them pulling in the driveway.  Love is grabbing their hand while your walking beside them.  To me, love is Mack, Chancey, & Troy.  Mine & Mack's love has grown day by day over twenty years.  My love for my boys was instant, I have loved them from the moment I knew I was pregnant.  Nothing can make me love my boys any less or any more than I do right now.  I asked my oldest son (who is 13) what love is.  He said, "Love is being there for someone & supporting them."  So, yes, I think I am teaching them the true meaning of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment