Welcome!

This blog was inspired by 31 for 21 & is about my wonderful family.

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible & trust God with the impossible." ~Ruth Bell Graham

"Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!"

Sunday, October 3, 2010

10/2/10

Mack has to work tonight & I am not happy about it one bit!  But atleast he has a job in this poor economy & he'll be getting paid double time since it's his Sunday.  We spent the day all together!  :)  We had a nice lunch then headed to the Fall Festival at Flowery Branch.  Then we went shopping at Target & Mack went to Home Depot (only because it was right near Target...otherwise he would've went to Lowe's) to get some things to finish the baby gate.  We came home & Troy's new Hip Helpers were in our mailbox...YAY (thanks to Toni)!  Troy's PT suggested the Hip Helpers to keep him from doing the 'split' to get in & out of sitting.  She says that they will help train his brain not to do that anymore by hindering him from doing the 'split'.  So far, so good.  I was a little hesitant when I heard about them because Troy is very stubborn & I was afraid that he'd hate them, but he doesn't mind them at all.  As soon as I put them on him, I could see an instant difference!  He's more confident now.  Before he wanted me to put my hands on his side before he'd pull up on his walker or the furniture...he would pull himself up, he just wanted my touch, but now he does it on his own!  He even sits down from standing, where before he'd slide down until he was laying down.  It's amazing that these little Hip Helpers are assisting him in this way!
Mack finally finished the baby gate & I love it!  After he finished it, I cut his hair & he went outside to throw the football with Chancey.  We went to eat supper at Sun Garden, then came home to watch the Bama/Florida game.

No comments:

Post a Comment